Use the tools below to let us know the details of your upcoming move. Let us know at least three business days before your closing or lease date. Any requests submitted after the move date will be processed as of when we received notice.

Move or Close an Existing Account

If you have an account with us and are moving to:

• A new home with gas in our service area, submit a Moving form.
• A home without natural gas service or outside of our service area, submit a Close form.

Open a New Account

Use one of these options to open a new account:

• If natural gas service is installed, submit an Open New Account form.
• If natural gas service needs to be installed at the property, call our Customer Connections Contact Centre at 1-888-427-8888.

Lawyer's Property Sale Form

Use our lawyer form to notify us of a property sale.

What Happens Next?

On moving day, we’ll take the final meter reading at your old address and prepare the final bill. We’ll also open the account for your new address. On your first bill at your new address, you’ll see:

• New Account Charge: A one-time charge of $25 applies each time you open a new account.  It covers a portion of the expenses associated with setting up your new account, such as meter reading.

• Security Deposit: When opening a new account, you may be required to pay a security deposit unless you meet one of the following requirements:

o You have a residential Enbridge account with good payment history.
o You provide a letter of reference proving good payment history at another utility within 60 days of opening the account.
o You enroll in a Pre-Authorized Payment Plan within 60 days of opening the account.
If you don’t meet the above requirements, your first bill will include a security deposit. After one year of good payments, the deposit will be credited to your bill with interest.

If the security deposit is not initially paid in full, all payments will be applied to it first. If the security deposit is not paid, you will be denied service. The security deposit cannot be used in lieu of a monthly payment or to cover arrears. It is only applied to your balance when your account is closed and any remaining balance is refunded. 

Lawyer's Property Sale Form

Lawyers Form

If you're a lawyer representing a client, use this form to notify us of a property sale.

Have a Question?
See all Frequently Asked Questions