As of June 3, 2021, all in-home energy audits will be permitted in the home. Enbridge Gas continues to ensure that the health and safety of our employees, customers and business partners continue to be our number one priority
- Our delivery agents will be contacting you to reschedule your appointment to a later date to ensure full completion of the program.
- If you have any questions, please reach out to your delivery agent and they will be able to assist you in answering your questions.
Frequently asked questions
The delivery agent who is working on your file will call to re-book your assessment. Alternatively, you can reach out to your delivery agent directly to reschedule. The scheduling / rescheduling of energy audits is currently taking place during the suspension and all future appointments will be booked to a time after the suspension is lifted.
Enbridge Gas will follow the same process as before where your delivery agent will contact you to let you know the program is on hold until further notice and that you will be contacted for re-booking once the suspension has lifted.
If you hear of the suspension prior to your delivery agent calling you, please call them to reschedule your audit at a later date.
Please continue to visit the Enbridge Gas website for the most recent updates.
Delivery agents are advised to follow public health guidelines set out by the Ontario Government (including Ontario Public Health) which include all physical distancing, personal protective equipment (PPE) and sanitization precautions.
Enbridge Gas is providing COVID-19 expectations and guidelines to delivery agents to consider which include the following:
- Ensure all PPE required is on-hand before entering a home: gloves, masks, hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes and waste bags to dispose of used gloves and masks.
- Coordinate a COVID-19 pre-booking questionnaire to ensure no one in the home has been exposed to the virus or has symptoms of COVID-19.
- Ensure, where possible, only one family member is in the home during the assessment.
- Stay at least six feet (two metres) away from the client.
- Handle all paperwork electronically whenever possible.
It is up to each delivery agent to enforce these safety precautions with their own Energy Advisors /employees. If you feel that an Energy Advisors is not following these safety protocols, you reserve the right to ask them to do so.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Enbridge Gas and our delivery agents will accommodate last minute cancellations and re-bookings if there are safety concerns (Example: someone has been exposed to the virus or has had flu-like symptoms recently).
Your health and safety are our top priority. If an Energy Advisor appears to have flu-like symptoms you can ask him/her to leave and re-book the audit with your delivery agent.
All documents will be collected electronically where possible and/or we request that you leave documents on a flat surface so the Energy Advisor can take a photograph (i.e. a kitchen counter or table) and sanitize hands between passing the documents.
For any documents that require a signature, we ask that you use your own pen and ensure the Energy Advisor leaves them on a flat surface where they can be signed at a safe distance.