We direct our community investments to communities that fall within our service area, which extends throughout northern Ontario from the Manitoba border, through southwestern Ontario to Windsor and across eastern Ontario to Ottawa. Like many organizations, we receive numerous funding requests and in order to make a significant impact on our communities, we have a focused giving program.
We invest in qualified organizations and programs that promote:
At Enbridge Gas, nothing is more important than safety — it’s at the heart of everything we do. For us, it’s about more than our operational safety; it’s also about the safety of the communities where we live and work.
Enbridge Fueling Futures supports local safety initiatives and organizations that help make our communities safer places to live:
- Safety planning and education: Investments that support community safety planning and preparedness, as well as safety educational programs.
- Humanitarian aid: Provides support to the Red Cross and other organizations to assist with natural disaster relief and other humanitarian aid around the world.
Vibrant communities are places that offer opportunities for every citizen -- opportunities to be enriched by cultural experiences and opportunities to learn, grow and lead.
Enbridge Fueling Futures supports programs and projects that are inclusive, future thinking and help bring out the best in people. Our investments focus on:
- Empowering people to achieve their full potential: Programs and projects that are inclusive, build capacity and support people in their time of need.
- Building potential in youth: Youth initiatives and programs that empower young people and are focused on education, leadership, life skills and capacity development.
- Celebrating culture and community: Initiatives and programs that enable communities to celebrate culture, tradition, arts and community.
- Honouring Indigenous Peoples and Cultures: Initiatives and programs that recognize Enbridge Gas’s role in reconciliation and support the sharing and preservation of cultural customs and traditions.
Natural resources and green spaces are precious to every community, and we recognize that the way we care for our air, land and water matters to everyone.
Enbridge Fueling Futures supports sustainability projects that help improve, grow and nurture our environment. Accordingly, we invest in:
- Environmental education and stewardship: Organizations that provide educational outreach programs that focus on conserving natural resources and protecting biodiversity.
- Habitat conservation and remediation: Investments that make a positive contribution to the resilience of an ecosystem.
- Supporting energy efficiency: Initiatives and programs that provide education, awareness and work to increase energy efficiency of our partners and their operations.
We are committed to helping improve the quality of life in the 355 municipalities we serve. Sponsorships are one way we can support your community.
Our preferred areas of sponsorship align with our defined focus areas and giving guidelines.
Proposals in other categories are evaluated on how well they support the strategies of our various business units.
The following criteria are considered when reviewing sponsorship opportunities:
- Does this event or program support one of the 355 municipalities in our franchise area.
- How many people will benefit from the event or program?
- Will there be a lasting impact as a result of this sponsorship?
- How would our support impact the overall budget of the event or program?
- How will our support be profiled such as, speaking opportunities or volunteering?
- What other sponsors are participating and in what way?
To be eligible and considered for a contribution, organizations must meet the following criteria:
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) registered charity
- Indigenous communities, organizations or governing bodies
- Municipalities including incorporated cities, towns and hamlets
- First Responder organizations
Please note Enbridge Gas does not support the following types of organizations or requests:
- Organizations discriminating on the basis of race, religion, gender, or sexual orientation
- Requests that benefit individuals
- Religious, political organizations or special interest groups
- Recreation or sports organizations and events
- Advertising, memberships, ticket sales, or lotteries
- Mass-mailed or non-addressed solicitation
- Endowment programs or funds
- Crowd-sourced funding campaigns such as GoFundMe
- Memorial campaigns
- Project, program or any property recognizing or named for an individual
- Statues or monuments
- Travel-related costs
How to apply
Before submitting your request, please carefully read the qualifications and other considerations outlined above.
Our online application form will guide you through the questions you need to answer for us to decide.
Requests will be reviewed, and you will be notified within 60 days of our decision. Please note that funds are limited and, unfortunately, we are unable to support all requests.