Enbridge Gas bundled transportation (BT) customers deliver their daily obligated natural gas supply (MDV) to a delivery zone (Empress, CDA/EDA, or Dawn) identified by Enbridge Gas.
For customers with Western delivery transportation service (WTS) and Dawn delivery transportation service (DTS), Enbridge Gas holds upstream transportation capacity and transports customers’ natural gas supply to Ontario.
Customers with Ontario delivery transportation service (OTS) are responsible for the transportation of their natural gas to the CDA or EDA delivery zone in Ontario. Enbridge Gas will then distribute the customers natural gas supply to its end-use location(s).
A banked gas account (BGA) is provided to capture the difference between the daily natural gas supply customers deliver to Enbridge Gas and the natural gas supply consumed at end-use location(s).
Enbridge Gas BT customers should be targeting a zero balance in the BGA at the end of their contract term; however, a tolerance volume of 5.5% X MDV deliveries for the contract term is allowed without penalties.
Customers have 180 days following the end of the contract year to clear the positive or negative BGA balance. If the BGA balance is not greater than 5.5% X MDV deliveries for the contract term, the balance can be carried forward into the subsequent contract year.
If a positive or negative BGA balance is not cleared within 180 days following the end of the contract year, the natural gas will be purchased or sold to the customer to clear up any imbalances.
For a positive balance, Enbridge Gas will purchase the natural gas from the customer at 80% of average price per m3 over contract term, based on the published index price Nova’s AECO to Empress for the Monthly AECO/NIT supply adjusted for transportation tolls plus compressor fuel, less the Enbridge Gas average transportation cost to the franchise area over the contract year, if applicable.
For a negative balance, Enbridge Gas will sell the natural gas to the customers at 120% of the average price over the contracted year, based on the published index price for the Monthly AECO/NIT supply adjusted for Nova’s AECO to Empress transportation tolls including compressor fuel costs, plus Enbridge Gas’ average transportation costs to its franchise area over the contract year, if applicable.
Balancing services are also available to help a customer bring their BGA balance to zero at the end of the contract term
- Short form master service agreement (Made up of the gas delivery agreement, collection service agreement and EnTRAC user agreement).
- Collection service agreement schedule (Provides the terms and conditions, and rights and obligations specific to the collection of money owed by the customer to the agent/marketer/broker).
- EnTRAC user agreement schedule (Terms and conditions specific to the use of the EnTRAC system).
- Gas delivery agreement schedule (Terms and conditions specific to supply being arranged by customer (link to agreement) or agent/marketer/broker) (link to agreement).
- GDAR service agreement schedule (Sets out the relationship between distributor and vendor).