Lower your energy bills by switching to natural gas
Natural gas is one of the most popular heating sources in Ontario. Now, more communities will have access to reliable energy as we expand service to new areas across the province.
Natural gas is a cost-effective way to heat your home. Learn about the benefits of switching to natural gas—and see how much you can save.
Temi explains how homeowners are putting money back into their pockets with natural gas.
What our customers are saying
“We’ve saved all kinds of money by converting to natural gas. And we no longer have to worry about paying for propane tanks or getting them refilled.”
Phil Dewsnap, Homeowner, Fenelon Falls
How are community expansion projects funded?
Building the infrastructure to bring natural gas to rural communities is a significant investment. The province introduced Bill 32 – the Access to Natural Gas Act to enable partial funding for expansion projects through a monthly subsidy from existing natural gas customers and a surcharge from new customers in these areas ($0.23/m3). Even with this surcharge, homes can still enjoy savings up to 65 percent per year by switching to natural gas.
To see project details and sign up, click on your community below
We’re working in many project areas across Ontario as we prepare for future natural gas community expansion project, as part of the Ontario Government’s Natural Gas Expansion Program. Area residents may see our crews completing soil sampling, land surveying, test digs and holding field meetings, which are all activities that help inform our project routes and timelines for construction. While this pre-work is ongoing, you may occasionally notice equipment in operation, and some noise; we apologize for any inconvenience this might cause. This work is being conducted by Enbridge Gas employees, or contractors working on our behalf. All employees and contractors carry identification at all times.
- Bobcaygeon Community Expansion Project
- Brunner: Perth East
- Burk’s Falls
- Chippewas of Kettle and Stony Point First Nation
- Chippewas of the Thames First Nation
- City of Ottawa: York’s Corners
- Delaware Nation at Moraviantown
- Fenelon Falls, Cameron and Cambray
- Haldimand Shores
- Hiawatha First Nation
- Hidden Valley (Huntsville)
- Kenora District: Highway 594 in Dryden
- Lambton Shores
- Milverton, Wartburg & Rostock
- Mississaugas of Scugog Island First Nation/Scugog Island
- Mohawk Council of Akwesasne/Kawehno:ke
- Mohawks of the Bay of Quinte First Nation
- North Bay: Peninsula and Northshore Road
- Prince Township
- Saugeen First Nation/Saugeen
Natural gas is coming to more communities!
On June 9, 2021, the Ontario Government announced that the following Enbridge Gas projects were selected to receive funding through the Natural Gas Expansion program. We’re thrilled to bring affordable energy to these areas:
- Boblo Island
- Caledon (Humber Station)
- Cedar Springs
- East Gwillimbury (North and East)
- Glendale Subdivision
- Hamilton Airport Regional Expansion
- Lanark and Balderson
- Prince Edward County (Cherry Valley)
- Red Rock Indian Band (Lake Helen First Nation)
- Severn (Washago)
- St. Charles