Rate M5A is for commercial and industrial customers who have signed a contract for interruptible gas delivery: the customer must be able to shut off their natural gas service at Enbridge Gas' direction. These customers (e.g. hospitals, greenhouses, auto part plants, institutions, and manufacturers) are located in our Enbridge Gas - Union South rate zone and consume between 2,400 m3 and 60,000 m3 of natural gas each day with a minimum rate class annual volume requirement of 350,000 m3. Individual customer minimum annual volume requirement is by contract. A non-interruptible (firm) rate option is available with this service.
A customer has two options under this rate.
- Sales service, where Enbridge Gas arranges the supply of gas and transportation to Enbridge Gas on the customer's behalf.
- Bundled T, where the customer arranges their own gas supply; customer or Enbridge Gas may provide transportation.
Subscribe for status notifications
This rate is an interruptible service. Subscribe to receive automated & personalized email notifications with highlights of the overall operational status.Subscribe today
- Rate M5A approved rates
- Union South approved gas supply charges, Schedule A (If natural gas is supplied by Enbridge Gas)
- Union rate zone miscellaneous non-energy charges, Appendix E (Other charges applied to an invoice i.e. direct purchase charges)
- What has changed with your rate?
Distribution (Sales Service)
- Contract (Contract cover - includes signatory page)
- Contract parameters (Schedule 1 provides specific details, i.e. daily usage, that were agreed to between Enbridge Gas and the customer)
- General Terms and Conditions (Generic working rules for all in-franchise contracts and are the terms that are common to all North and South in-franchise services).
- Daily Contract Quantity (DCQ) greater than 1,200,000 m3/day -- Union South
This policy will ensure consistent and fair treatment for setting and changing a T2/T3 customer's Daily Contract Quantity (DCQ) for customers that are eligible to choose the Firm Billing Contract Demand (FBCD).
- Obligated Daily Contract Quantity (DCQ) -- Union South (Currently in effect)
This policy ensures equitable treatment for setting and changing a customer's Daily Contract Quantity (DCQ).
- Priority of Service
This policy provides information regarding the processing of interruptions or scheduling reductions, to interruptible services, when requested services exceed available capacity under normal operating conditions.
- Service Switching
This policy ensures equitable treatment of customer requests to move between any of Union Gas' four services: Sales Service, Bundled-T, Transportation Service or Unbundled Service.
- Temporarily Changing Existing Customer Obligated Points of Receipt
This policy applies to all existing Bundled-T and T-Service direct purchase customers in Union Gas' Southern operations area.