Rate M5A is for commercial and industrial customers who consume between 2,400 m3 and 60,000 m3 of natural gas on any given day (contract demand) and must take delivery, or pay for the equivalent of consuming, at least 350,000 m3/year.
An interruptible service is available to customers who can reduce their natural gas consumption below their contracted firm service parameters without impact to operations. If there are no firm services identified in the contract, gas consumption would be zero when Enbridge Gas issues a notice of interruption. An additional non-interruptible (firm) service option is available for customers who require a small quantity of natural gas for a water heater or space heat.
These customers typically use natural gas for manufacturing applications - such as general manufacturing plants, automotive, institutional and greenhouse operations. Rate M5A customers are required to sign a distribution contract with Enbridge Gas.
Subscribe for status notifications
This rate is an interruptible service. Subscribe to receive automated & personalized email notifications with highlights of the overall operational status.Subscribe today
- Rate M5A approved rates
- Union South approved gas supply charges, Schedule A (If natural gas is supplied by Enbridge Gas)
- Union rate zone miscellaneous non-energy charges, Appendix E (Other charges applied to an invoice i.e. direct purchase charges)
- What has changed with your rate?
Distribution (Sales Service)
- Contract (Contract cover - includes signatory page)
- Contract parameters (Schedule 1 provides specific details, i.e. daily usage, that were agreed to between Enbridge Gas and the customer)
- General Terms and Conditions (Generic working rules for all in-franchise contracts and are the terms that are common to all North and South in-franchise services).
- Obligated Daily Contract Quantity (DCQ) Enbridge Gas’ Union South Rate Zone (Currently in effect)
This policy ensures equitable treatment for setting and changing a customer's Daily Contract Quantity (DCQ).
- Priority of Service
This policy provides information regarding the processing of interruptions or scheduling reductions, to interruptible services, when requested services exceed available capacity under normal operating conditions.
- Service Switching
This policy ensures equitable treatment of customer requests to move between any of Union Gas' four services: Sales Service, Bundled-T, Transportation Service or Unbundled Service.
- Temporarily Changing Existing Customer Obligated Points of Receipt
This policy applies to all existing Bundled-T and T-Service direct purchase customers in Union Gas' Southern operations area.