Municipal transit solutions
Get to net zero faster
Transit systems play an essential role in the transition to a cleaner energy future. We can help you switch fleets to renewable natural gas (RNG), with turnkey deployment and capital support to help reduce emissions and fight climate change.Make the switch
A made-in-Ontario solution with many benefits
Diverts organic waste
Match the range of diesel
Refuel in minutes
Ontario’s first carbon-negative bus
Hamilton, Ontario residents can enjoy a cleaner commute on a bus powered by 100 percent RNG. As RNG captures harmful emissions, using it to fuel transit actually goes beyond achieving net zero carbon.
A made-in-Ontario waste-to-energy solution, the RNG used to fuel the bus is produced nearby at the StormFisher Biogas Facility in London, Ontario.
Cost-effective and resilient
At roughly the same price as diesel, the case for RNG is clear.
- Leverages existing infrastructure and vehicles, and can be used where electric options are not feasible.
- Fewer service interruptions than electricity, and resilient against extreme weather events.
- Equivalent range and performance as diesel, while reducing emissions up to 200 percent.
RNG: part of the circular economy
Municipalities are uniquely positioned to reduce waste by maximizing resources. By producing RNG from organic waste, landfill and wastewater and using it to power industry, fuel fleets, and heat homes and businesses, municipalities can transition to a circular economy.
- Make waste management more effective and reduce the need for landfill.
- Distribute RNG using the existing natural gas system.
- Reduce emissions more affordably, compared to electrification.
Convert transit fleets to RNG today
Enbridge Gas can help you transition with seamless, customizable programs. We’ll work with you to:
- Create a conversion plan that works with your budget.
- Calculate potential savings and payback.
- Secure capital support for RNG projects.
* Source: https://cutric-crituc.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Best-Practices-and-Key-Considerations-for-Transit-Electrification-and-Charging-Infrastructure-Deploy ment-to-Deliver-Predictable_-Reliable_-and-Cost-Effective-Fleet-Systems.pdf