Bringing natural gas to your community
Natural gas is now flowing! If you want to switch to natural gas, here are some important timelines to keep in mind: between October 31 and March 31, we will do our best to meet our standard timelines to connect you, but we will be adding two weeks to the installation date to account for winter conditions. Regardless of when you want to connect, Enbridge Gas must have your new customer account created and a completed application from your heating contractor (HVAC) to guarantee service. To avoid delays in starting to save, we encourage you to work with your heating contractor to act as quickly as possible!
Switching to natural gas is easy and households can save up to 49%* annually on home space and water heating. Every business has its own unique energy needs, for a personalized estimate on how much you can save by switching to natural gas email email@example.com and we will let you know!
Households that qualify for the province's First Nations On-Reserve Delivery Credit have seen the delivery charges for electricity removed from their hydro bills. By switching to natural gas, these households will still save each year on home and water heating.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
This project included the construction of approximately 7.4 kilometres of natural gas pipeline at a total cost of $564,000, made possible by:
- An expansion surcharge of $0.23 cents per cubic metre of natural gas used will apply to all customers who connect to the community expansion pipe until the end of the 40 year term.
- For example if a residential home used 2320 m3 of natural gas per year this charge would be $0.23m3 x 2320m3 / 12 months = $44/month
- The ES is typically higher in the winter months when the heating system is in use vs summer months.
- A community contribution of $5,000 per year for 10 years, equivalent to the property taxes Enbridge Gas will pay on the new pipeline.
- Grant funding was provided by the province's Natural Gas Grant Program.