Rate 170 is for commercial or industrial customers who consume at least 30,000 m3 of natural gas each day (contract demand) and a minimum of 5,000,000 m3 of natural gas each year, at a single building or facility (terminal location). An interruptible service is available to customers who can reduce their natural gas consumption to zero, or use an alternative fuel, when Enbridge Gas issues a notice of interruption. These customers typically use natural gas for process applications and as a feedstock -- such as general manufacturing plants, food and beverage plants, power generation, pulp and paper, institutions, large hospitals and district heating plants, and refineries. A Rate 170 customer is required to sign a distribution contract with Enbridge Gas.
- Rate 170 approved rates.
- Large Volume Customer Notice.
- Transportation Service Customer Notice.
- Gas cost adjustment rider, Rider C (If natural gas is supplied by Enbridge Gas).
- Service charges, Rider G (Miscellaneous service charges applicable to all rate classes).
- Federal Carbon charge, Rider J (Federal carbon charge and facility-related carbon charge).
- Bill 32 and Ontario Regulation 24/10, Rider K (To fund new natural gas community expansion projects).
- For more information about our gas rates, review our rate handbook.