Bringing natural gas to your community
Natural gas is flowing in Chippewas of the Thames First Nation. By switching to natural gas, households can save up to 65%* each year on home and water heating. Local businesses can also see a reduction in their energy costs by switching to natural gas. For a personalized estimate on how much you can save, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will let you know!
Households that qualify for the province’s First Nations On-Reserve Delivery Credit have seen the delivery charges for electricity removed from their hydro bills. By switching to natural gas, these households will still save each year on home and watering heating.
Regardless of when you want to connect, Enbridge Gas must have your new customer account created and a completed application from your heating contractor (HVAC) to guarantee service. To avoid delays in starting to save, we encourage you to work with your heating contractor to act as quickly as possible. To sign up, click on the Sign Up button.
This project completed the construction of approximately 6 km of natural gas pipeline, and a station to total an estimated cost of $1.0 million, made possible by:
- A $1/ month contribution from new and existing natural gas utility customers in Ontario, which was implemented on July 1, 2019.
- A system expansion surcharge of $0.23 per cubic metre of natural gas used will apply to all customers who connect to the community expansion pipe until the end of the expansion surcharge term.
- For example if a residential home used 2,320 m3 of natural gas per year this charge would be $0.23m3 x 2,320m3 / 12 months = $44/month.
- The SES is typically higher in the winter months when the heating system is in use vs summer months.
- A contribution from the municipality or Indigenous community served.