Bringing natural gas to your community
By switching to natural gas, households can save up to 64%* each year on home and water heating. Every home and business has its own unique energy needs, for a personalized estimate on how much you can save by switching to natural gas email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will let you know!
Households that qualify for the province’s First Nations On-Reserve Delivery Credit have seen the delivery charges for electricity removed from their hydro bills.
Construction is now complete! Get in touch with us so you can start saving today!
This project included the construction of approximately 16 kilometres of natural gas pipeline at a total cost of $3.3 million, made possible by:
- A $1/ month contribution from new and existing natural gas utility customers in Ontario, which was implemented on July 1, 2019.
- An expansion surcharge of $0.23 per cubic metre of natural gas used will apply to all customers who connect to the community expansion pipe until the end of the expansion surcharge term.
- For example if a residential home used 2,320 m3 of natural gas per year this charge would be $0.23 m3 x 2,320 m3 / 12 months = $44/month.
- The ES is typically higher in the winter months when the heating system is in use vs summer months.
- A contribution from the municipality or Indigenous community served.