Natural gas is now available in Mississaugas of Scugog Island First Nation/Scugog Island!
Households can save up to 64%* each year on home and water heating by switching to natural gas, depending on their existing fuel choice. Every business has its own unique energy needs, for a personalized estimate on how much you can save by switching to natural gas email email@example.com and we will let you know! Households that qualify for the province’s First Nations On-Reserve Delivery Credit have seen the delivery charges for electricity removed from their hydro bills.
This project included the construction of approximately 50 kilometres of natural gas pipeline at a total cost of $3.3 million, made possible by:
- A $1/ month contribution from new and existing natural gas utility customers in Ontario, which was implemented on July 1, 2019.
- An expansion surcharge of $0.23 per cubic metre of natural gas used will apply to all customers who connect to the community expansion pipe until the end of the expansion surcharge term.
- For example if a residential home used 2,320 m3 of natural gas per year this charge would be $0.23 m3 x 2,320 m3 / 12 months = $44/month.
- The ES is typically higher in the winter months when the heating system is in use vs summer months.
- A contribution from the municipality or Indigenous community served.