Bringing natural gas to your community
We are expanding natural gas to your area in Selwyn. Depending on the existing fuel source, households can save up to 54%* each year on home and water heating by switching to natural gas.
Every business has its own unique energy needs, for a personalized estimate on how much you can save by switching to natural gas email at email@example.com and we will let you know!
Check back often for the latest information about the project and start saving!
This project includes the construction of approximately 8.4 km of natural gas pipeline made possible by:
- A $1/ month contribution from new and existing natural gas utility customers in Ontario, which was implemented on July 1, 2019.
- An expansion surcharge of $0.23 cents per cubic metre of natural gas used will apply to all customers who connect to the community expansion pipe until the end of the 40 year term.
- For example if a residential home used 2320 m3 of natural gas per year this charge would be $0.23m3 x 2320m3 / 12 months = $44/month.
- The ES is typically higher in the winter months when the heating system is in use vs summer months.
- A grant of $1.7M from the Ontario Energy Board (OEB).
We’re working in many project areas across Ontario as we prepare for future natural gas community expansion project, as part of the Ontario Government’s Natural gas Expansion Program. Area residents may see our crews completing soil sampling, land surveying, test digs and holding field meetings, which are all activities that help inform our project routes and timelines for construction. While this pre-work is ongoing, you may occasionally notice equipment in operation, and some noise; we apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.
Each project comes with its own complexities, regulatory requirements, permits, and consultation timelines, which are all factors in determining a project's start time and specific pipe location – and we are working through those conditions and requirements now, and are not in a position to share finalized project routes at this time.
This work is being conducted by Enbridge Gas employees, or contractors working on our behalf. All employees and contractors carry identification at all times.
Now is a great opportunity to start doing your research to look into a local Heating and Ventilation Contractor who you’d like to work with throughout the process of conversion. They can even submit the natural gas application form on your behalf. If you have questions in the meantime about the process or potential savings, please reach out to our Community Expansion Advisors and they’ll be able to assist you.