Bringing natural gas to your community
We are expanding natural gas to your area in Burk's Fall. Depending on the existing fuel source, households can save up to 60%* each year on home and water heating by switching to natural gas.
Every business has its own unique energy needs, for a personalized estimate on how much you can save by switching to natural gas email at email@example.com and we will let you know!
The proposed pipeline routing below is subject to change during the design and execution phases of the project. Check back often for the latest information about the project and start saving!
This project includes the construction of approximately 2.4 km of natural gas pipeline, made possible by:
- A $1/ month contribution from new and existing natural gas utility customers in Ontario, which was implemented on July 1, 2019.
- An expansion surcharge of $0.23 per cubic metre of natural gas used will apply to all customers who connect to the community expansion pipe until the end of the expansion surcharge term.
- For example if a residential home used 2,320 m3 of natural gas per year this charge would be $0.23m3 x 2,320m3 / 12 months = $44/month.
- The ES is typically higher in the winter months when the heating system is in use vs summer months.
- A grant of $1,237,071 from the Ontario Energy Board (OEB).
We’re working in many project areas across Ontario as we prepare for future natural gas community expansion projects as part of the Ontario Government’s Natural gas Expansion Program. Area residents may see our crews completing soil sampling, land surveying, test digs and holding field meetings, which are all activities that help inform our project routes and timelines for construction. This pre-work is ongoing, and you may occasionally notice equipment in operation, and some noise. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause. This work is being conducted by Enbridge Gas employees, or contractors working on our behalf. All employees and contractors carry identification at all times.