Natural gas is now flowing
To date, 19 km of natural gas pipeline is now in-service along the following roads:
- Garland Drive
- Peninsula Road
- Trout Lake/Hwy 63
- West Peninsula
- Wild Cherry Lane
The installation of gas main continues along Northshore Road, as well as service installations and general clean-up in the project area. All is expected to be finished by late fall 2021.
This project included the construction of approximately 27 km of natural gas pipeline at a total cost of $10 million, made possible:
Our natural gas expansion construction projects have been identified as essential service by the Ontario Government. Enbridge Gas is committed to continuing this important work to bring natural gas to your community.
Learn more about what we’re doing to support our customers, our communities, and keep Ontario families and businesses warm while preventing the spread of the virus by visiting COVID-19 page.
- A $1/ month contribution from new and existing natural gas utility customers in Ontario, which was implemented on July 1, 2019.
- An expansion surcharge of $0.23 cents per cubic metre of natural gas used will apply to all customers who connect to the community expansion pipe until the end of the 40 year term.
- For example if a residential home used 2320m3 of natural gas per year this charge would be $0.23m3 x 2320m3 / 12 months = $44/month.
- The ES is typically higher in the winter months when the heating system is in use vs summer months.
- A contribution from the municipality or Indigenous community served.