If you are or represent a new or growing large energy intensive business that is looking to expand in Ontario, please reach out early in your planning process to our economic development group.
Effectively leveraging energy infrastructure is a key success factor for expanding energy intensive businesses anywhere. Enbridge Gas serves most of the province with an extensive natural gas pipeline system.
Our economic development group works with three main stakeholder groups to help large businesses expand in Ontario:
- New or existing energy intensive large businesses looking to expand to a new site.
- Site selectors and consultants that help large businesses review and rank sites.
- Municipal and provincial economic development groups.
Enbridge Gas’s economic development team can provide the following services:
- In our preliminary assessments, we work with clients to understand their energy needs and identify areas of the province able to economically accommodate those needs at a high level.
- We conduct detailed site assessments on leading sites to understand the timelines and explore commercial arrangements to connecting incremental capacity.
- We work with local economic development groups and provincial government programs to propose and advance broader, more regional projects to create natural gas capacity in constrained areas to facilitate growth.
- We facilitate natural gas credentials for Ontario’s Certified Site program.