North BT customers deliver their daily obligated natural gas supply (DCQ) to a receipt point identified by Enbridge Gas (Empress for Northwest zone or Dawn for Northeast zone). Enbridge Gas transports the natural gas to the delivery area and distributes it to the end-use location(s).
A Banked Gas Account (BGA) is provided to capture the difference between the daily natural gas supply the customer delivers to Enbridge Gas and natural gas supply consumed at the end-use location(s).
North BT customers should be targeting a zero balance by the end of the contract term. When the BGA balance is projected to be positive, the DCQ will be adjusted or “ratcheted” during the contract term. Enbridge Gas will start to ratchet the customers’ DCQ around the fifth month to achieve a zero balance in the BGA by the end of the contract term. When the BGA balance is projected to be negative, the customer can choose to supply incremental gas to bring the balance to zero. If no incremental supply is provided, the contract will be balanced financially by Enbridge Gas.
At the end of the contract term any remaining balance in the BGA will be settled financially. If the BGA balance at the end of the contract term is positive, Enbridge Gas will purchase the excess from the customer; and if the BGA balance is negative, Enbridge Gas will sell this balance to the customer. The deemed sale or purchase of gas will be at the Alberta Border Reference Price (if customer is in the Union Northwest zone) or the Dawn Reference Price (if customer is in the Union Northeast zone) in the month of expiry.
Balancing services are available to help the customer to bring their BGA balance to zero at the end of the contract term.
- Rate 10, Rate 20, Rate 100 approved rates
- Union rate zone miscellaneous non-energy charges, Appendix E (Other charges applied to an invoice i.e. direct purchase charges)
- Historical Weighted Average Cost of Gas (WACOG) (View reference prices and historical weighted average cost of gas for Enbridge Gas - Union rate zones)
- If you also purchase storage and transportation services, visit our storage transportation services & rates.
- Contract (Contract cover - includes signatory page)
- Contract parameters (Schedule 1) (Schedule 1 provides specific details that were agreed to between Enbridge Gas and the customer)
- Service terms and conditions (Schedule 2) (Schedule 2 provides the terms and conditions specific to the service)
- End use locations in the contract (Schedule 3 provides end use locations for a Bundled T contract)
- General Terms and Conditions (Generic working rules for all in-franchise contracts and are the terms that are common to all North and South in-franchise services).
- GDAR service agreement (Sets out the relationship between distributor and vendor)
- Authorization of Interruptible Direct Purchase (DP) Balancing Transactions
To define the evaluation criteria Enbridge Gas applies when a customer requests authorization for a direct purchase balancing transaction.
- North T-Service Transportation from Dawn
This policy will ensure consistent and fair treatment when a customer requests the option to purchase firm transportation capacity from Dawn to any of Union's North East delivery areas.
- Obligated Daily Contract Quantity (DCQ) -- Union North
This policy will ensure consistent and fair treatment of changes to a customer's obligated Daily Contract Quantity (DCQ).
- Priority of Service
This policy provides information regarding the processing of interruptions or scheduling reductions, to interruptible services, when requested services exceed available capacity under normal operating conditions.
- Service Switching
This policy ensures equitable treatment of customer requests to move between any of Union Gas' four services: Sales Service, Bundled-T, Transportation Service or Unbundled Service.
- TCPL Turnback
The purpose of this policy is to provide an overview of how Union Gas will facilitate T-service customer requests to turnback temporarily assigned TransCanada Pipelines (TCPL) capacity as part of their Direct Purchase contract.
- Temporarily Changing Existing Customer Obligated Points of Receipt
This policy applies to all existing Bundled-T and T-Service direct purchase customers in Union Gas' Southern operations area.