Rate 10 typically applies to medium - large commercial and small industrial customers. These include small businesses, restaurants, hotels and retail stores. These customers are located in Enbridge Gas - Union North rate zone and consume more than 50,000 m3 of natural gas each year.
- No contract required for customer who purchases their gas supply from Enbridge Gas.
- If the customer elects for Direct Purchase (T-Service or Bundled T), they must enter into a contract with Enbridge Gas - See Rate 20 for sample Bundled T contract.
- Authorization of Interruptible Direct Purchase (DP) Balancing Transactions
To define the evaluation criteria Enbridge Gas applies when a customer requests authorization for a direct purchase balancing transaction.
- North T-Service Transportation from Dawn
This policy will ensure consistent and fair treatment when a customer requests the option to purchase firm transportation capacity from Dawn to any of Union's North East delivery areas.
- Obligated Daily Contract Quantity (DCQ) -- Union North
This policy will ensure consistent and fair treatment of changes to a customer's obligated Daily Contract Quantity (DCQ).
- Priority of Service
This policy provides information regarding the processing of interruptions or scheduling reductions, to interruptible services, when requested services exceed available capacity under normal operating conditions.
- Service Switching
This policy ensures equitable treatment of customer requests to move between any of Union Gas' four services: Sales Service, Bundled-T, Transportation Service or Unbundled Service.
- TCPL Turnback
The purpose of this policy is to provide an overview of how Union Gas will facilitate T-service customer requests to turnback temporarily assigned TransCanada Pipelines (TCPL) capacity as part of their Direct Purchase contract.
- Temporarily Changing Existing Customer Obligated Points of Receipt
This policy applies to all existing Bundled-T and T-Service direct purchase customers in Union Gas' Southern operations area.