When the technician arrives, they will:
- Turn off the gas at the meter.
- Replace the meter with a new one.
- Restore gas to the meter.
- Inspect piping and the appliances.
- Relight all appliances unless a safety violation is issued.*
*If any of your gas appliances do not meet the safety requirements of the Gas Installation Code, the gas technician is legally required to issue a safety violation. Depending on the severity of the problem, the gas could be disconnected from the appliance or building to ensure your safety. To fix the safety concern and resume gas service you will need to hire a licensed gas technician.