When gas is being turned back on after the water has receded
When the all-clear is given by officials, Enbridge Gas representatives will go door-to-door to enter homes and businesses to restore your gas service and relight your natural gas appliances. DO NOT attempt to relight your own appliances. Appliances that were submerged in water it may not function safely and require an inspection by a licensed gas technician or contractor before reactivation.
Customers not home will have a card left in their door/mailbox with instructions to call Enbridge Gas to schedule a gas relight.
To help us quickly and safely complete restoration, please note:
- We need inside access to every affected home or business.
- Our employees and contractors carry photo ID and will be happy to show it on request.
- An adult must be present to allow our employees to access your home or business to relight gas appliances.
- If you leave your home, please consider leaving your contact information with a neighbour. We will stop by several times and if we miss you, we will leave behind instructions about how to contact us.
- Turn your porch light off if you do not wish to be disturbed in the evening hours.
Enbridge Gas will make a number of rounds of relights to ensure all customers are serviced, and will bring in additional crews, if needed, to restore service.