Who’s at My Door
At Enbridge Gas, all employees and authorized contractors (including, but not limited to, Aecon Group Inc., GTel Engineering, Hetek Solutions Inc., Link-Line, and Lakeside Gas Services) are required to wear a visible identification card.
What we do:
- We visit every other month to perform meter readings and, if required, will perform natural gas meter maintenance.
- If we do need to make a service call, we will:
- Notify you in advance whenever possible.
- Identify ourselves.
- State the purpose of our visit.
- Representatives will only come to your door for Enbridge Gas programs such as Home Efficiency Rebate and Home Winterproofing programs, when an appointment has been booked.
What we don't do
- We do not sell natural gas door-to-door.
- We do not sell, rent, or service natural gas appliances or Smart Thermostats.
- Our representatives will never come to your door and ask to see your natural gas bill or sign a contract.
Beware of false claims
If you have any concerns about people showing up at your door representing themselves as being from Enbridge Gas, or feel like you have been misled, please contact us or visit the websites listed below and file a formal complaint about the company in question.
- Visit https://www.ontario.ca/page/consumer-protection-ontario and learn more about your rights as a consumer.
- To lodge a formal complaint against the company under the BBB: https://www.bbb.org/howtocomplain/